Weddings & Honeymoons
Port Douglas, surrounded by golden beaches and rainforest hideaways and fairy tale locations overlooking the Coral Sea, is the perfect tropical destination for your wedding celebration or intimate tropical Honeymoon.
If you’re thinking of either a tropical Beach Wedding with the relaxed ambience of the palm-fringed shores of Four Mile Beach or St Mary’s By The Sea Chapel that overlooks the entrance to Port Douglas Inlet – and set in the beautiful gardens of Anzac Park. The Peninsula’s private, intimate and tranquil pool area also makes for a lovely ceremony. Either makes for the perfect romantic setting for your special day.
Stunningly positioned overlooking Four Mile Beach, located in the Peninsula Boutique Hotel. Hi Tide Restaurant is ideal to compliment your dream wedding. It is perfect for those pre and post ceremony cocktails and canap√©s. It’s also perfect for smaller cocktail receptions, either around the pool or on the deck overlooking the beach and Coral Sea.
Port Douglas Weddings is the sole nominated booking agent for all weddings at St. Mary’s By The Sea – an historic 1880 fully restored non-denominational church. The chapel, situated in the heart of Port Douglas, has a huge glass altar window which offers breathtaking views of the Coral Sea and rainforest clad mountains, stained glass windows, traditional wooden pews and a church bell which will be ringing on your wedding day.
Listed below are some of the local businesses who can assist in planning and bringing together all that’s needed to make your special day memorable for all the right reasons.
- Celebrants: Sarah Woods or Natasha Kolloshe
- Hair, Makeup & Beauty: Wellness Spa, Face & Body Studio, Green Room on Front and Mermaids Wave
- A hens party at a spa is the perfect way to relax the day before.
- Floral Arrangements and Bridal Bouquets: Jan and Pirri owners of Tropical Flower Farm – Whyanbeel Arboretum, grow and cultivate 10 acres of tropical flowers and foliage, Helacoonias of every variety, and an amazing flower collection from all over the world. Ph: 07 4098 8253 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transport: Exemplar (ECC) Limousines
- Food & Dining: A wide array of Port Douglas restaurants offer reception facilities and Port Douglas Catering offer services privately to the venue of your choice. Our own Hi Tide Restaurant can host your boutique cocktail reception, and as a bonus offer, all Cocktail Receptions at Hi Tide include a Complimentary Suite on the day of the wedding for the Bride, and one night in our beautiful Spa Suite for the married couple after the reception. (Please note that conditions apply.)
Please contact us on email@example.com for individual offers and packages to share with family and friends joining you for your celebration.
After your perfect Wedding ceremony, no matter where it might be, it’s time to relax. The Peninsula Boutique Hotel has some amazing packages and can also tailor your honeymoon to make the most of the hotel’s luxurious facilities and spectacular setting.
You will be welcomed with our signature Aromatherapy Refreshing Towel, welcome cocktail, a complimentary bottle of Australian sparking wine and our Bath Gift for you to enjoy in your own private spa. Take home your souvenir bathrobe. Please note that conditions apply.